Junior and senior high school students living in Workman Township are eligible to compete for scholarships, including:
1) Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) Scholarship. Scholarship is for $2,000 but must apply during junior year in school.
2) Irene Bright Scholarship sponsored by Aitkin County Association of Townships (ACAT). Scholarship is for $1,500 and students apply during senior year.
3) Palisade Fire District Scholarship. Scholarship is for $1,000 and seniors living in Workman Township qualify. Application due date is April 1st.
4) J & J Wickstrom Scholarship/ Palisade Area Lions Club. Scholarship amount is $1,000 for graduating seniors, See school counselor or contact Workman Township for application. Due date is April 1st. Scholarship may be used to attend any type of trade school, tech, or college after graduation.
5) Lake Country Power Cooperative Scholarship. January is scholarship month at Lake Country Power Cooperative. The eastern half of our township is serviced by Lake Country Power Cooperative. $4,000 scholarships for either college or technical school at $1,000 per year are available for up to 30 students. Application period is January 1 through January 31st. Please visit www.lakecountrypower.coop for additional information.
6) Marshall H. and Nellie Alworth Memorial Fund. High school seniors in Aitkin and surrounding counties are eligible for a $20,000 scholarship for students pursuing an education in mathematics or scientific fields of study. (STEM). The Memorial Fund is celebrating its 70th year of scholarships. Applications must be completed by January 15th. Visit AlworthScholarship.org to learn more about eligibility.
Each of the scholarships can be used for academic or vocational programs. Please see your high school counselor or contact Workman Township for more information or application forms.